The Ministry of Justice has determined the procedure for conducting scheduled and unscheduled inspections of “foreign agents”. The corresponding regulation on state control was signed by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.
Scheduled inspections of “foreign agents” will be carried out no more than once a year. Such events will be planned for the calendar year in advance, their schedule will be published on the Internet. Unscheduled inspections will be carried out on the basis of Part 6 of Article 10 of the Federal Law “On Control over the Activities of Persons Under Foreign Influence,” the resolution says.
Will be engaged in checks of “foreign agents” the Ministry of Justice in cooperation with “other public authorities, organizations of all forms of ownership, as well as their officials.” They will check:
- documents of controlled persons at the disposal of the state control body;
- results of previous checks;
- materials of consideration of cases on administrative offenses;
- “other documents received from public authorities, organizations and individuals in relation to a controlled person”;
- printed, audio, video and other messages and materials and information on the Internet.
The supervisory authorities will have to collect information about the activities of the foreign agent, if necessary, visit him and draw up a report no later than the third day from the time of the visit.
After checking, the inspection in case of violation of the law can draw up:
- an order to correct the violations within one month;
- a protocol on an administrative offense;
- sending to the court an application to ban the activities of a public association operating without the formation of a legal entity or the liquidation of a legal entity;
- sending a “foreign agent” a decision to ban activities in Russia.