The Russian Defense Ministry announced the death of 600 Ukrainian soldiers in the “retaliation operation” in Kramatorsk

The Russian Defense Ministry reported on the conduct of a “retribution operation” in Kramatorsk, which allegedly killed 600 Ukrainian soldiers. According to the speaker of the department, Igor Konashenkov, this was a response to the New Year’s strike on Makeevka, which claimed the lives of 89 Russian soldiers.

According to the lieutenant general, the attack took place “in the first minutes of 2023”, immediately after the end of the “Christmas truce” announced by President Vladimir Putin. In particular, Russian troops hit two dormitories (No. 28 and No. 47) in Kramatorsk, where more than 1,300 Ukrainian soldiers were allegedly stationed. Almost half of them died, says Konashenkov. He clarified that the place of their deployment was established by “intelligence means”, after which it was confirmed “through several independent channels.”

Earlier on January 8, the head of the military administration of the Donetsk region, Pavel Kirilenko, announced seven Russian missile strikes on Kramatorsk. He posted photos of destroyed buildings and said that an educational institution, an industrial facility and a garage cooperative were damaged. No deaths or injuries were reported.

The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine denied Konashenkov’s statement. “This information is as true as the data that they destroyed all of our HIMARS. This is an information operation of the Russian Ministry of Defense in response to the successful actions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine,” said Sergei Cherevaty, spokesman for the Eastern Group of Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Even pro-Russian war correspondents and z-publics did not believe Konashenkov’s statement. The Zhivov Battle for Donbas telegram channel published photos of the consequences of the strike on Kramatorsk, posted by the mayor of the city Alexander Goncharenko. On them – a building with broken windows, in which the light is on, minor damage to buildings and funnels on the ground. “It is reported that this is how the defeat of the object of deployment of Ukrainian troops in Kramatorsk allegedly looks like. Not a single hit in the building, ”the commentary to the pictures says.

The authors of the telegram channel “Military Informant” posted the same photos, drew attention to the absence of “direct hits on buildings” and suggested talking about “fraud”. “This phenomenon <…> in recent months has become an active cause for discussion and condemnation both on our channel and among our colleagues. False reports, reports painted on at every level, meaningless reports and impunity for those who carry out these activities have long been a constant companion of current events, ”the publication says.

Blogger Anatoly Shariy called the statement of the Russian Defense Ministry “bullshit.” He also posted a video from the scene, drawing attention to the calm environment and the lack of rescuers.

On the night of January 1, the Armed Forces of Ukraine hit the place of deployment of the Russian military in the building of a vocational school in Makeyevka. The Ukrainian side claims that 400 people could have died and 300 injured as a result. The Russian Defense Ministry acknowledged the death of 89 people.

.

Add a Comment