The ruling Amanat party in Kazakhstan received 53.46% of the vote in the parliamentary elections

(Exit survey data from the SOCIS-A Institute for Comprehensive Social Research and the Institute for Democracy added)

ALMA ATA, March 20 (Reuters) – Kazakhstan’s ruling Amanat party won 53.46% of the vote in Sunday’s early parliamentary elections, according to a poll conducted by the Eurasian Institute for Integration.

According to the Institute of Eurasian Integration, the second place in the elections was taken by the Auyl party, winning 10.52% of votes, 8.90% for the Republic Party, 6.25% for the NPC, 3.22% for Baitak, and Ak Żoł (The Bright Path) – 7.87 %, for the OSDP party – 5.31%. The “Against All” column was chosen by 4.47% of voters.

According to the Institute for Comprehensive Social Research SOCIS-A, the Amanat party won 54.42% of the vote, Auyl – 10.21%, Republic – 8.79%, Ak Zhol (Bright Path) – 8.21%, NPK – 6.89% , OSDP – 4.91%, Bytak – 2.17%. Against all – 4.40%.

According to the Institute for Democracy, the Amanat party won 53.33% of the vote, Auyl – 11.26%, Ak Zhol – 8.87%, Republic – 8.33%, KPP – 6.93%, OSDP – 5.12%, Baitak – 2.51%. According to them, 3.65 percent voted against all candidates. voters.

The early elections are aimed at maintaining political stability in the face of global turmoil and after last year’s political unrest, the bloodiest in the country’s history.

Kazakhstan’s parliament was last elected in 2021, and a significant proportion of seats are now held by deputies from the pro-government Amanat party, formerly Nur-Otan, previously led by Nazarbayev.

In parliamentary elections, 30% of deputies are elected in single-seat constituencies, while the remaining 70% are nominated from party lists. Last year, President Kassym-Jomar Tokayev resigned from Amanat and announced that he would not interfere in party politics.

(Maria Gordeeva)


Add a Comment